Salary: Circa £27,000
Hours: 37.5 hrs
Location: West Country - Bristol, Exeter and Plymouth
Contract: Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
Closing Date: 20th October 2021
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
As an Area Manager for Virgin Holidays Retail you will be responsible for driving the day to day performance of our concession retail stores based in Next. Working closely with the Divisional Manager this role is to develop, coach and train our teams to be effective in selling and creating an amazing customer experience. You will role model best practice in your stores and ensure the vision of Virgin Holidays customer experience is maintained in every store location. So, if you have demonstrable experience in delivering analysis to a high standard and working to tight timeframes in a fast paced, multifaceted environment this could be the role for you. Day to Day
* To deliver and embed operational procedures in stores around, audit, Quality Assurance, Data Protection & Compliance, and customer experience, ensuring booking quality and standards are adhered to
* Deliver and exceed on KPI's that are set
* Oversee & monitor all Health & Safety practices are being adhered to in location – ensure direct reports are fully trained in fire safety, in centre emergency procedures, alcohol practices are followed alongside general hygiene standards associated with food & beverage handling – ensure annual regulatory Health & Safety training completion
* Conducting in location audits of food & beverage – maintain ordering of stock in line with budgets set
* Maintain in store visual standards and merchandising in line with business standards & focuses – ensure Housekeeping standards are met & liaise with operational support departments to report & monitor in store equipment to ensure high in location standards are always met
* To liaise and communicate across the division ensuring consistency in our approach to our people, customers, and business decisions.
* Using the Divisional marketing budget to identify local opportunities to drive commercial demand.
* To act as an escalation point for any issues across the division.
* To ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to
* Lead and support on recruiting staff for your store locations
* To Deputise for the Divisional Manager in their absence to take on additional responsibilities as and when at the request of the Divisional Manager.
Be yourself - Our differences make us stronger
Are you a self-motivated individual who wants to make a difference by leading and supporting our West Country retail stores?
In addition to the above, we’re looking for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
- Flexibility with proven communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, as well as be comfortable working within a complex and changing business environment
- Ability to influence across key stakeholders - internal and external
- Proven track record of operational delivery
- You will be required to change others outlooks and behaviours and therefore a high level of influencing and communication skills are needed – motivating, developing, changing ‘hearts and minds’
- You'll need strong commercial awareness & acumen with a forward-thinking approach
- You will need to balance the needs of the individual, operational and commercial requirements and therefore you must have excellent judgment and decision-making skills
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Virgin Atlantic are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can ignite the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values