Retail Travel Jobs
We’re Virgin Holidays and this is no ordinary travel role, so why not get involved with one of the most social and vibrant parts of our business? We’ve been arranging holidays since 1985 and are the largest, most successful transatlantic tour operator, and market leader for travel to the USA and the Caribbean. Because of the vast range of destinations we fly to, we know our people can find our customers their ideal destination.
Retail at Virgin Holidays is a bold idea, with over 50 standalone stores and Next concessions throughout the UK, all offering mind-blowing holidays from family thrills and attractions in Florida to honeymoons in Zanzibar. Whether using magic touches or augmented reality sales tools to amaze every customer, we’re blazing a real trail in the luxury travel market.
We offer varied retail jobs for talented salespeople with a passion for customer service and supporting our reputation for being market leaders in the industry. That’s why our Virgin Holidays people are crucial. We rely on outstanding individuals who are committed to providing excellent service. It’s a fast-paced environment so you need to be flexible and understand the importance of the actions you take and how these affect our customers’ journey at all times.
Discover more about our range of travel retail jobs below:
Retail Concierge Jobs
By joining this team, you’ll become “the face of Virgin Holidays” for all our visiting customers. A big part of a retail concierge role is ensuring a consistently exceptional experience for each customer that comes to our stores. Working as part of our standalone store team, you’ll engage with our customers to understand their needs quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining an excellent customer experience.
Who do we look for?
To thrive in this team, you should have a genuine enthusiasm and passion for providing a high standard of customer service. We’re looking for individuals with a flexible attitude to their work, who are passionate about meeting customer demands with a “can do” attitude. You will need to have a true interest in our customers and take personal responsibility while they wait to be seen by our Personal Holiday Advisors.
Personal Holiday Advisor Jobs
As our Personal Holiday Advisor, you won’t just be a salesperson, you’ll be an entrepreneur, marketing expert and dream weaver. Your knowledge for all our products will be infectious and you will tailor each holiday to our customers’ interests, requirements and budget.
Everything we do always starts with our customers and we truly believe in going out of our way to delight and surprise. You will help our customers experience their ultimate holiday and be creative in achieving your sales targets.
From day-to-day, you will:
- Suggest ways for our customers to upgrade their holiday to really fit with their preferences
- Drive new business through helping with attention grabbing events and social media campaigns
- Amaze and excite our customers by making sure they get real star treatment
- Help our customers secure once-in-a-lifetime experiences, from luxury Caribbean beaches to African Safaris
Who do we look for?
You’ll need some key qualities to flourish as a Personal Holiday Advisor. You should be tenacious, creative and determined in exceeding your monthly target. We’ll also expect you to have 12 month previous experience in a sales or service role coupled with passion for the travel industry with a desire to gain first-hand experience of long-haul products. In addition, you should be collaborative and adaptable in an ever-changing environment, as you become part of a close-knit team.
Personal Holiday Expert Jobs
Within this team you will be generating sales through the retail store and making sure you hit and exceed personal targets. As part of your role you will be responsible for maintaining high levels of customer experience and the efficient running of the store in the Manager’s absence.
From day-to-day, you will:
- Communicate professionally with customers and provide exceptional service
- Have a keen eye for keeping customer facing merchandise up to date and sales focused to encourage customer enquiries and sales
- Promote your store through leafleting and other innovative marketing activities to generate sales and new business
- Maximise sales and the customer’s holiday experience by suggesting upgrades and additional products
- Manage escalated service issues with tenacity and customer centricity
Who do we look for?
You will have experience in a target driven sales environment within the travel industry. Being a Personal Holiday Expert means working in a fast-moving and busy environment which can sometimes be challenging. You may feel conflicting demands on your time and priorities, so you’ll need to be agile, able to think on your feet and be confident in making quick decisions. If you can remain cool under pressure, display a warm and engaging way with our customers and colleagues then you could be just who we are looking for!
What career progression do we offer at Virgin Holidays?
Virgin Holidays offers a wealth of opportunities to further your career. Our customer facing and sales teams have a common goal, meaning the skills and experience you gain in one of our retail stores will also equip you to work in other areas of our business.
In return, our award-winning learning and development team will provide you with an amazing 4 week training programme specifically designed to allow for on-the-job training in a supported learning environment. In a nutshell, you’ll be learning real skills from the best in the business while sharing in the many benefits of working for the famous Virgin brand.
What benefits can you enjoy at Virgin Holidays?
We love to give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits in place to help you enjoy life to the full. Do you want to join our Virgin family? There are many benefits that you can expect in return for your dedication and your commitment to making our customers feel loved, these include:
- A number of free of fare flights to use on the Virgin Atlantic’s network. More than enough to satisfy the wanderlust!
- Envious sales incentive rewards, including trips abroad and prizes
- A first-class training programme, with 3 weeks in Virgin Holidays and Atlantic’s Head Office in Crawley, giving you a solid foundation to thrive
- A competitive commission scheme with a starting salary
- Become a member of Virgin Tribe – this is a treasure trove of discounts including Virgin Trains, UK festival tickets, Virgin Media, Eurostar and cinema tickets, to name a few
- Season ticket loan to get you to and from work
- An unrivalled place to work with unconventional professionalism, tons of friendly faces and a collaborative environment
Be the first to know about new vacancies.