We are Virgin Holidays, a member of the Virgin Travel Group, which includes Virgin Holidays, Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited and Virgin Cargo.
Here at Virgin Holidays, we are committed to protecting your privacy on line, as highly as we would with your customer information in any of our systems.
We will not share your personal information for marketing or any other purposes without your consent unless where required by law. We will always respect your privacy and any personal communication between you and ourselves. We will always comply with any data protection legislation currently in force. We collect information about visitors to our website for general reporting, to improve future content and to help recognise and service a potential booking.
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources.
We collect information from you:
- when you make a booking or use our websites, including Virgin Atlantic Flight+Hotel, Hotel or Car Hire booking on the Travelplus website;
- to manage your booking; we may need to collect and process sensitive personal data about yourself and others such as medical conditions, disabilities and special requirements.
- when you request a brochure from us;
- when signing up to email updates;
- when you enter competitions, promotions or respond to surveys;
- when you use our website, your information (including personal data) may be collected as you fill in the required fields. If you do not complete your booking or transaction we may contact you to offer our assistance in case you are experiencing difficulties with our website. This is an optional service and you can choose to opt-out from receiving our communications at any time, by asking us not to contact you.
- when you contact us for any purpose;
- when you call our Customer Centre; telephone calls may be recorded and monitored for the purposes of improving customer service, quality assurance, training, security and general business purposes.
- when you apply for a job with Virgin Holidays.
In order to keep our customers information up to date as much as possible and the offers we make as relevant as possible, we may supplement it with information from other sources.
The purposes for which your personal information and the personal information of others on your booking may be processed include:
- to carry out our obligations to you arising out of any contracts entered into between you and us, or between you and a third party supplier;
- when making a booking, to perform any of the following activities: accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, immigration and customs control, security and general administration;
- to communicate with you regarding your booking or any other activity;
- to contact you with administrative or service messages, even where you have told us you do not wish to receive direct marketing;
- for direct marketing (please refer to the Marketing section below)
- for customer profiling, research, analysis and activities including data matching within the Virgin Travel Group or with other sources who may have your consent to share your personal information with us;
- to ensure that the content from our websites are presented in the effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- for accounting and audit purposes, as well as system testing, development and maintenance;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to monitor and improve the quality of our service and products;
- for managing complaints or disputes;
- for the prevention and detection of crime;
- for debt collection or credit vetting
- processing or disclosure of your information outside the UK / EEA, where required;
Virgin Travel Group may collate and link together the personal information that is has collected from you with any information that it has collected about you from any other sources.
In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements. We must pass the information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as airlines, hotels, transport companies etc. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them, or as required by law. Additionally, where your holiday is outside the European Economic Area (EEA), controls on data protection in your destination may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country.
Many airlines are now required by law to give US Customs and other border control agencies access to certain passenger information. Accordingly, any such Advance Passenger Information – including sensitive personal information – that the Virgin Travel Group holds about you and your travel arrangements may be disclosed to those agencies in the countries to which you are travelling. You understand and accept that if your information is disclosed to third parties outside the European Economic Area (the European Union plus, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein), those third parties may reside in territories which may not have suitable data protection provisions in place, but every effort will be made to ensure that your information is processed only for the purpose set out above, and for no other purposes.
Certain travel and reservation information may also be transferred between the European Union and the United States in order to help US authorities prevent and combat terrorism and other serious transnational crimes.
Your information (including sensitive personal data) may be processed by a third party that we have engaged to carry out work on our behalf, called a data processor. Our data processors are carefully selected and screened to ensure the protection of your security and privacy and they are only permitted to use the information in accordance with our instructions.
We may also share your information with companies in the Virgin group for business purposes.
The Virgin Travel Group may also process and share your personal information with any relevant third party for the prevention and detection and investigation of crime. Virgin Holidays may share your personal information with credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, with the Virgin Travel Group and with other companies within the Virgin Group for the use in credit decisions, credit risk reduction, fraud detection and prevention and for the prevention and detection of any form of security risk or crime.
Your personal information may be used by us and the Virgin Travel Group to contact you by post, phone (including via an automated dialling system), e-mail or electronic messaging services with information about products and services (including discounts and special offers) we think will be of interest to you. We may also use your information to keep you up to date about special offers and promotions via social media.
We may also send you such information about other companies’ products and services (such as other members of the Virgin Travel Group, other Virgin companies or our partners / suppliers), that may be of interest to you.
By making a Virgin Atlantic Flight+Hotel, Hotel or Car Hire enquiry or booking on the Travelplus website you agree that Virgin Holidays may pass your personal information to Virgin Atlantic Airways to administer the relevant services to you, carry out statistical analysis, market research and to enable them to contact you about future Flight+Hotel and Virgin Atlantic products and offers.
We will try to ensure that customers do not receive duplicate communications even if you have given your consent to marketing to more than one Virgin company.
If you want to change the consents you have given to Virgin Holidays, you can do this at any time by contacting us directly at either of the following:
- By Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Post to: Customer Services, Virgin Holidays Ltd, The VHQ
Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9DF
- By Phone on: 0344 557 4002
Whichever way you contact us, please provide the following information:
- Full Name – Title, First name + Surname
- Full address including postcode
- Full email address
- Request details
We will endeavour to update your record as soon as we possibly can. Of course, if you tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing, you may still receive transactional and service based communications confirming and servicing any bookings you make with us.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your information (data subject access request) for which we may charge a fee. Any request should be addressed to Customer Services, Virgin Holidays Ltd, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9DF
If you believe that any of your personal information that is held or being processed by us is incorrect then please write to us immediately as we cannot be responsible for any problems that may arise due to inaccurate information that you have provided us with.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
In our website we also provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. Please be aware that these sites may have different security and privacy policies and we have no control over and take no responsibility for any information submitted to these sites.
We hope that you enjoy using our website, safe in the knowledge that we are committed to protecting your privacy.