Salary: £35,000 - £36,500 per annum plus excellent benefits
Contract: 12 months fixed term
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri
Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
Are you looking for a new role within Customer Safety? Then this could be the one for you...
As part of our Operations Team your role will be identification, monitoring and improvement of our Health and Safety issues within the Virgin Holidays programme to ensure the safety and welfare of our customers.
Day to day
- Approval and signing off of properties and other suppliers as acceptable for customer use from a H&S perspective.
- Plan and carry out audits of hotels and all facilities, excursions, transport and adventure activities.
- Storage and retrieval of all H&S information on PASS system.
- Correspond with suppliers notifying them of deficiencies and negotiate deadlines for rectification of issues.
- Maintain accurate electronic and paper files following completion of H&S audits, including audit documents, data, records, and reports
- Ensure compliance with Virgin Holidays policies and procedures
- Lead and co-ordinate projects
- Liaise with key internal departments on all issues relating to Overseas Customer Safety and Health.
- Handle co-ordination of joint auditing trips with other tour operators as required
- Investigate illnesses, incidents and accidents to ensure issues are addressed to prevent re-occurrence and provide Virgin Holidays due diligence
- Monitor CSQ illness scores and accident stats to identify trends and implement remedial actions.
- Support our legal department with drafting witness statements as required alongside representing us in the event of legal proceedings
- Provide customer services and legal services with appropriate information to assist in defending claims and reducing compensation.
- Write and deliver training presentations to all levels
- Produce, review and update training manuals, procedures and guidance notes for UK staff, overseas staff, suppliers and agents
- Attend educational training courses in order to stay ahead of current issues/changes in legislation alongside personal development
- Formulate action plans for hotel managers based on findings and follow up remedial actions with suppliers
- Responsible for the development, delivery and auditing of the department QMS in line BS EN ISO 9001:2008
At Virgin Holidays were always striving for an excellent customer experience from start to finish and that’s where you come in. You will have a genuine real passion for the industry alongside priding yourself on having the natural ability to engage with suppliers and handle challenging scenarios when they arise.
It’s a busy role as your be working in a department that is crucial to our business success so working accurately is key. You'll be hardworking, confident and motivated with excellent communication skills and be happy to travel occasional within the UK and overseas.
To apply you will need:
- H&S Degree or advanced level Food Hygiene qualification from accredited governing body (e.g. CIEH)
- H&S Degree or advanced level Health and Safety qualifications from accredited governing body (e.g. CIEH, IOSH)
- A qualification and / or experience of maintaining, developing, internal quality auditing and working within a Quality Management System (BS EN ISO9001 preferred)
Our team love this role as you get to work in a dynamic environment, be a creative problem solver with a strong commercial acumen and take accountability and ownership of your area of responsibility. You'll have the capability of blending experience, advice and evidence to reach recommendations and conclusions.
So if this role sounds of interest to you why not apply today?The perks
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self select whats important to you through our benefits portal. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.