Hours: Shift work : 3 on 3 off
In a nutshell
Do you love working in ever-changing environment where you'll be responsible for representing the customer in our Operations Control Centre (OCC) to ensure they are always at the heart of our decision making process?
Reporting into the Manager – Customer Relations OCC you'll be responsible for driving continuous improvements to how we look after our customers during disruption. As the customer advocate you'll ensure that we adhere to the IROP (Irregular Operation Policy) Customer Principles alongside compliance to consumer rights and regulations. Stakeholder management is key, including at a senior level, as your be required to challenge senior leaders who in turn have to handle a complex set of conflicting responsibilities, often during the time of pressured scenarios of delays and disruptions.
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the OCC Customer Operation teams you’ll ensure the teams are responding to the needs of our customers, particularly during disruptions. As a direct line manager for 1-2 Specialists your look after their development, mentoring and coaching of your staff as well as people management issues.
Supporting your manager with long term planning and strategic initiatives will be key alongside deputising in meetings and lead projects.
Day to day
- To coordinate the day-to-day operation of the OCC Customer Operations desk (Customer Relations and Global Ticketing Service) to meet customer needs
- Lead the decision-making across the desk and be the key point of contact for the Duty Director and the wider OCC
- Seek opportunities to ensure all team members are knowledgeable, motivated and professional in delivering departmental requirements and internal targets
- Recruit, coach, mentor and inspire the individual team members in order to achieve and maintain the highest level of procedural efficiency, customer satisfaction and staff well-being
- Ensure clear communications, advice and direction to our customers, internal partners and Joint Venture partners during and after IROPS or other customer service issue
- Coordinate the communication to customers regarding IROPS or service based operational issue and ensure all internal teams are working have appropriate information and communication
- Coordinate the gathering of information for post flight complaint or claim resolution
- Seek opportunities for in the moment service recovery or surprise and delight working closely with airport and crew teams.
- Participate in post investigations working with internal departments such as engineering, airports, Customer Centre and OCC to identify areas of improvement
- Leading all investigations for eligible flights where EU261/2004 maybe payable to decide which flights are eligible for EU Compensation
- Ensuring all evidence if collated and reporting if there is a breach of US/China tarmac delay
- To be a pivotal participant in the corporate response to any level 1, 2 Amber or Red activation.
Are you resilient and confident in your abilities to make accountable business decisions? If so this could be the role for you..
You are also:
- Assured in your leadership capability with ability to deliver results and mentor forward-thinking and engaged teams
- A strong communicator, with conflict resolutions skills, able to ‘think on your feet’.
- Evidence of credibility, creating trust and confidence to people
- Emotional resilient – remains effective under pressure.
- A logical thinker - assessing complex operational situations and implementing solutions but being a true champion of the customer at heart
- To support the legal DOT requirement for this role, your be an expert in airline passenger consumer/contractual rights including a full and detailed understanding of all the relevant legislation including EU 261/2004, US 14CFR and the Montreal Convention.
- Detailed airline operations knowledge ideally gained from an operations or airport background with an in-depth knowledge of airline reservation, loyalty and service recovery systems.
- Confident about working collaboratively with in the OCC structure, sometimes without a senior manager present, with the ability to be accountable to make decisions, often in challenging situations
- High personal standards and professional – a great brand ambassador for Virgin Atlantic
- Highly motivated who can translate this energy to their staff
- Possesses an inquisitive approach to understanding the business and its strategies
Within this role you will need to be confident, inquisitive and pragmatic individual who is able to keep calm under pressure and make quick decisions in an emergency situation. You will already have proven ability to build and create a strong business engagement so if this sounds like exciting opportunity that you would flourish in why not apply today?