Location: Location split between working from home and working in Swansea, SA7 9EQ (more details below)
Closing Date: Sunday, 24th October 2021
Salary: £18,050 rising to £19,035 after successful completion of probation
-15% of your hourly rate for hours worked between 8pm-11pm
-20% of hourly rate for hours worked between 11pm & 6am
-Leave: 28 days, inclusive of Bank holiday + 1 days extra per years’ service up to 5days/5 years
-Eve Benefits platform access: £500 spend on self-selected benefits, to meet your personal needs
-Staff travel: X 7 Stand by tickets
-Virgin Tribe: Various discounts
Contracted Hours: Full-time basis on an annualised hours contract.
Shifts: We are recruiting for DAY shifts: Monday – Sunday between 7am-11pm
Please talk to us at your application stage if a particular shift pattern would work better for you. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we’re just as passionate as we’ve always been about becoming the most loved travel company.
Last year was an uncertain year, for us, for everyone. One thing we know for sure – last year has shown that when we combine our brand with the power of amazing people, we make something truly magical.
Virgin Atlantic is still proudly flying, creating the same fabulous flight experience we’re famous for, and we’re busily laying the foundations for a profitable future. We know that the right people are key to creating success, we’re delighted to be advertising for some brilliant new team members to join us and help us achieve our vision.
Day to Day
Some of the key responsibilities for our advisors are:
• Taking inbound calls from new and existing customers, booking flights, assisting in any queries, and engaging with our frequent flying members.
• Offering our customers irresistible, effortless, and memorable experiences, providing advice and guidance to help them find the right product that suits their needs.
• Ensuring high levels of attention to detail and providing accurate information, to minimise the need for the customer to contact us again.
• Maximising revenue at every opportunity, by listening to customers and their needs.
• Working towards monthly sales, productivity, and customer satisfaction targets.
• Attending and contributing to team meetings and briefings. Sharing and receiving best practice with colleagues.
• Proactively ensuring that your individual coaching objectives are met and that your skill levels are constantly developed.
Be yourself - Our differences make us stronger
Would you love to be on the journey with us, welcoming our customer’s back to the skies, booking their trips of a lifetime, and delivering the amazing experiences that we are known for?
To be successful in this role you will need to have
• Significant experience in Customer Service
• A sufficient and safe environment when working from home
• Self-motivation, with the ability to confidently work independently
• Confidence with technology – we will train you in the systems we use, but sound experience in navigating a laptop and the internet is essential.
Covid-19 has presented us with a unique opportunity for our teams to work more dynamically than ever before. Our people work 60% of their time at home, and 40% in the office at Pobl house in Llansamlet, Swansea. As an example, on a 5-day working week, this equates to 3 days at home and 2 days in the office.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Virgin Atlantic are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can ignite the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values