The Base is home to our HR & Training departments. It’s a state of the art facility that we share with our friends at Virgin Atlantic – this is where all of the cabin crew are trained so you’ll often see them being put through their paces on the rig and life size mock-up plane which sits right in the middle of the building.
How to find The Base
The Base is located 2.5 miles from Gatwick Airport Railway Station and 3 miles from Three Bridges and Crawley Railway Stations.
Bus numbers 10 and 100 run regular services from all stations to bus stops situated around the perimeter of both Fleming Way and Manor Royal. Bus stops are (in the main) covered and well lit.
Taxis are available outside all 3 stations and generally cost between £6 – £10 for a single journey dependent on the taxi operator.
Metro Cars: 01293 522222
The Base is located within the Manor Royal Industrial Estate 3 miles from the M23 motorway. Manor Royal is a busy trading estate and the roads around the area can get busy during peak times. We therefore recommend leaving additional time to reach our offices if you are travelling at the beginning or end of the working day.
The Base has a limited number of visitor parking bays near the main front reception but you are welcome to park in any free bay in the car parks around the building. There is no charge.
- Leave the M23 at junction 10, then at the roundabout take the exit marked A2011 Crawley (1st exit if travelling northbound or 3rd exit if travelling southbound).
- At the Hazelwick roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Gatwick road (signposted Manor Royal).
- At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Gatwick Road (signposted Gatwick, Horley).
- At the next roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Fleming Way (signposted Fleming Way).
- Turn right into access road which leads to a number of car parks at the rear of the building.
Explore The Base
Most meetings take place in the colourful Town Square coffee shop which overlooks the rig, and then there’s the on-site hair and beauty salon, to keep you looking tip top. There’s also a staff shop which sells everything from birthday cards and beauty products to luggage and other travel related products – not to mention our famous selection of Pick ‘n’ Mix for keeping those energy levels up in the afternoons.
The Base is a sleek and contemporary building and an exciting place to work. There’s always something going on, so don’t be surprised to see a film crew one day or a glamorous photo shoot the next. For Virgin Holidays employees, it’s just another day at the office.